Thursday, May 13, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends



When times are tough you really find out who your true friends are. They are the people who are there for you when times get though. I have always considered myself a good friend. I'm there when they need me and know that I will do anything for them and in the past few years i have never really trusted anyone enough to let them in. Last year was really tough for me. I went through a horrible break-up, my confidence, trust and well everything was shattered. Looking back, I thought I was all alone but I had a few people that were really there for me. They let me cry, scream, say horrible things and yes even trash a hotel room without any judgement. They listened to me and understood what I was going through and let me go through it. I don't know if I could have gotten through it if it hadn't been for them.
Today I am a better friend because of those few people that i let into my life. I thought that if I drop everything to be there for my friend, which I have done on many occasion or I bailed out a friend in trouble or if I layed into someone character assianating one of my friends, then I was the best friend anyone could have and I should get the same treatment. I have had a lot of resientments towards friends of mine because I felt they should do more. Being a friend should have no limits and no expectaions. There should be no judgment towards them what ever they do. That is what friendship is, love and understanding with no expectations of getting what you give. I love my friends so much and they know who they are. The best part is that I tell them on a regular basis how much I love them and how much they mean to me. This weekend I am celebrating my birthday with people I love and trust and care about and that is worth all the gold in California...OK so I am having a little friend love fest......SUE ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment